Wednesday 24 March 2010

Only a little bit lost

My 100th marathon is approaching fast, with number 96 completed at the Sevenoaks Circular on Sunday.

It was an LDWA event (so following 4 pages of instructions about crossing stiles, following field edges and going through kissing gates - "X st, follow LHFE, thru KG" etc) of 30 miles, though getting a bit lost made it just over 31. Actually I was very fortunate as I hadn't realised I was lost until some people ahead of me got even more lost and approached from behind... they soon got us all back on the right route.There were plenty of folk I knew there, mostly from the 100 club. The marhalls at the checkpoints were great and even made me a marmite and jam sandwich (it tasted fantastic, though I'm not sure if I'd fancy one when I haven't just run 25 miles). It was all off road and there were some pretty bits, especially in Knole Park where I ran with some deer for a brief while and almost felt like part of their herd.I got a certificate and a patch at the finish (plus some welcome beans on toast). Another lovely day out then. My legs were a bit achy on Monday and Tuesday, but I made them do 10 miles each day anyway as part of my 10 in 10 training. It was nice to have a lie-in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment