Sunday 1 August 2010

Lapping it up

The Faversham marathon yesterday was surprisingly enjoyable (it involved 40 laps around a park, so not the most exciting of courses). There were loads of 100 marathon club folk in attendance so it was extremely sociable, both before, during (as we all lapped each other many times) and after. They have a policiy of "everyone's a winner" so we all got a ridiculously big trophy at the finish (my actual position was 5th lady I think). The goody bag also contained a lotto ticket, beer and an energy drink.After Lakeland last week, then donating blood on Thursday (I think they say no strenuous exercise for 24 hours, so a marathon a day and a half later is fine, no?) I wasn't sure if I'd have any energy at all. So a sedate trot round in 4:16:49 was more than acceptable.

This morning's 10 miler was hard though - I really felt like I was running on empty. I had to have two breakfasts to feel right again.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anna

    Like the blog.

    I'm amazed that you can give blood as you do mammoth ultra marathons and have a vegan diet. Does this not mean you're iron levels are low as most ultra runners and even most short distance runners have a problem giving blood as iron levels are normally too low. Do you take supplements to get round this problem or are you super human?

    I'm amazed by your continuous ability to run ultras without so much as a blister I presume.

    ReplyDelete