Tuesday 31 May 2011

Sandstone Trail Saturday

On Saturday 21st May I went for my last long run pre-GUCR. Well, I didn't really have any intention of running much of it - I just wanted to get out and stretch my legs in a leisurely fashion, with some good views. The Sandstone Trail was perfect. It's a 33 mile route over the Cheshire countryside, fairly well signposted most of the way
(though the race rules included carrying a map). There were more stiles than I'd wanted, especially as my right hip flexor had been pretty painful all week, but lots of fields, woods, hills, red stone, great panoramic views and wildlife to distract my attention. I ran with Rob who was also in the mood for a realaxed pace, so we took it very steady and enjoyed a grand day out. Definitely one to go back to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment