Monday 23 November 2009

In the News again, plus Toon Moorathon

I was mentioned in an article in another local paper last week (which also has an online version). I assume the headline is some sort of pun on the fact that I'm Maths teacher?
Rather irritatingly, they misquoted me and it sounds like I think I'm going to be the first woman to complete 100 marathons, rather than hopefully the youngest. Hey ho. I don't think I'll be getting the world record officially certified with the Guinness people anyway, as apparently that's a bit of a faff. But if it leads to any additional sponsorship for Brathay then it's all good.

This weekend we headed up to Newcastle where we stayed with my parents, which made for a lovely break away. On Sunday we popped over to the Town Moor for the first Newcastle Marathon. There were loads of Fetchies and 100 club members there with a great Fetchpoint cheering us on. The 5 lap course was suprisingly not too dull and the weather was kind with a headwind that made some of it tough but other bits pleasantly easy. Only a tiny hill too. Admittedly it seemed bigger with each lap, of course. It was a well organised day out with enthusiastic marshals and a nice memento at the end that makes a change from a medal or T shirt.A 4:16:13 finish for me, with my parents there which was nice as I don't think they 'get' my running, but it was good for them to see what it's all about. Followed by a tasty meal at Wagamama. A great weekend all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment