Sunday 22 February 2009

Draycote Water Marathon

It turns out that snowboarding is pretty good cross training. Or maybe it was the altitude training of the morning runs in the mountains that helped.

Either way, after returning from Austria on Friday and a day of shopping in town (including going for pizza - yum!) on Saturday, I headed up to Rugby last night to do the Draycote Water Marathon this morning.

The marathon is run around a big lake in the Draycote water Country Park and involves five and a bit laps. It's all on road surface and mostly flat, with just a bit of undulation. I felt pretty good most of the way, though I got a worrying twinge in my right leg during the third lap which slowed me down for a bit: fortunately it seemed to go away after half a mile or so.

I finished in just over four hours, one minute, 18 seconds - my third fastest marathon ever. And 10th place female. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment